Csgo Crosshair Settings
Table of Contents
- 1 CSGO Crosshair
- 1.1 Are crosshairs really that important?
- 1.2 How to choose your csgo crosshair settings:
- 1.3 Should I have the bloom error turned ON?
- 1.3.1 What to remember:
- 22.214.171.124 Niko:
- 126.96.36.199 Magisk:
- 188.8.131.52 S1mple:
- 184.108.40.206 KennyS:
- 220.127.116.11 Device:
- 18.104.22.168 Stewie2k:
- 22.214.171.124 Xantares:
- 126.96.36.199 flamie:
- 188.8.131.52 Xpy9x:
- 1.3.1 What to remember:
Are crosshairs really that important?
Crosshairs are one of the most important factors in any FPS game that you play competitively. The way you aim, your accuracy, and even your vision might depend on your crosshair. How though? You wouldn’t want to have a big-squared crosshair blocking your entire vision or a very small dot that you might lose track of in the heat of action.
Every professional Counter Strike Global Offensive player had their own self-customized crosshair so that they can perform at their peak. Default crosshairs change size based on the stance, movement, and shooting. Default crosshairs are like training wheels.
They are used in the starting to get the feel for the gun recoils and positions, but it is always good to move to the crosshair generator workshop maps that you can find in the Steam community and test out crosshairs that might suit you.
But then how would you choose? We’ll take you through it. Make sure you spend more time on it as it’s the basic and most important step in the path to pro.
How to choose your csgo crosshair settings:
Initially at first, after using the default csgo crosshair for a bit, you might want to hop into custom maps and try out new crosshairs.
First of all, there are several factors in customizing your csgo crosshair. Everything can be in-game but full crosshair customization can be done by editing the magic autoexec.cfg file. Editing this config file lets you play with that csgo crosshair upon startup.
The file is found in Counter-Strike/csgo/cfg. Just open up using notepad and edit it! If you don’t want to do this, you can get your own custom csgo crosshair setting maps from the Steam workshop that help you set your crosshair on the go by editing the crosshair thickness, the offset distance, the shape, the colour and everything else that you might need.
Let me guide you step by step:
- First, for the crosshair length, you do not want a very small one or a very large one, a medium csgo crosshair would do. Start from this, then you can increase or decrease the values based on your preference.
- For crosshair thickness, the best is to keep it as thin as possible but make sure it’s visible to your eyes because thicker ones tend to block your vision while spraying and roaming.
- Considering the centre gap(offset), it is optional to have an offset or not, but having a small gap the size of a head from a distance lets you lock on to your enemy’s head without obstructing your vision.
- You could have a dot crosshair but then a dot is never recommended because it tends to obstruct your vision by blocking the enemy’s head from a distance if they are head peeking.
- If you don’t have the time to be creative, the wisest thing to do is copy the pros. Check out each of their crosshairs until you think you’ve found your one.
- How important is the colour of the csgo crosshair? It’s everything. Almost all the players tend to go for a greenish colour since green is very contrasting and you’d be able to keep track of it while on the run. Other colours might work but most of them blend with the background which green doesn’t.
Should I have the bloom error turned ON?
Bloom happens when you spray with your weapon to show you the range of your spread and also when you’re walking or sprinting. It is not recommended to turn it ON as you might not know where you are spraying. But if you really want to turn it ON, consider having a dot in the center along with the crosshair you want. That central dot will let you know where you’re shooting while showing you the spray range of your weapon.
If you don’t have the time to do it in-game, then consider going to this site and making your own crosshair online. You can slide the settings you want and when you have time, copy the settings to your config file and it should work the next time you log-in to play the game.
What to remember:
- When you’ve chosen a crosshair, give it time in deathmatches and don’t simply jump into a competitive game. If you do, then you’re definitely going to hate that match.
- Never go for black or other common colored crosshairs, you’ll regret it.
- Avoid changing them every game, you never know what might suit you until you stick with it for a bit.
If you like a pro’s crosshair but you don’t get the feel for it, just take the csgo crosshair and tweak it a bit. What players usually do is, take a few crosshairs, and choose the best traits from them to make their own crosshair. Say you have 3 crosshairs and you like the color from the first, size of the second, and thickness from the third, you mix them together and try it out.
Not even the pros crosshair might suit you, you have to be patient and put time into figuring out your own csgo crosshair or in searching for what’s best for you. And in the end, it all comes down to personal preference, I might like a very small one while you might like a bigger one.
Few of the Pros crosshairs: (Copy the settings to your config file)
Examples of Tiny csgo crosshairs:
cl_crosshairalpha 250; cl_crosshaircolor 4; cl_crosshairdot 1; cl_crosshairgap -3; cl_crosshairsize 1.5; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 0; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;
cl_crosshairalpha 200; cl_crosshaircolor 2; cl_crosshairdot 0; cl_crosshairgap -3; cl_crosshairsize 2.5; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 0; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;
cl_crosshairalpha 255 cl_crosshaircolor 1; cl_crosshairdot 0; cl_crosshairgap -3; cl_crosshairsize 1; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 1; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;
cl_crosshairalpha 200; cl_crosshaircolor 4; cl_crosshairdot 0; cl_crosshairgap -2; cl_crosshairsize 3; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 1; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1;cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 1;
cl_crosshairalpha 800; cl_crosshaircolor 1; cl_crosshairdot 0; cl_crosshairgap -3; cl_crosshairsize 3; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 0; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;
cl_crosshairalpha 200 cl_crosshaircolor 1; cl_crosshairdot 0; cl_crosshairgap -2; cl_crosshairsize 3; cl_crosshairstyle 4; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairthickness 1; cl_crosshair_sniper_width 1; cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 1; cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1;
(These are bigger but optimal and anything bigger than these is what should be avoided)
cl_crosshairstyle 4;cl_crosshairsize 3;cl_crosshairthickness 0;cl_crosshairgap 0;cl_crosshaircolor 1;cl_crosshairusealpha 1;cl_crosshairalpha 200;cl_crosshairdot 0;cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue 0;
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;cl_crosshaircolor 1;cl_crosshairdot 0;cl_crosshairgap -1;cl_crosshairsize 5;cl_crosshairstyle 4;cl_crosshairthickness 1
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 0;cl_crosshaircolor 1;cl_crosshairdot 0;cl_crosshairgap 0;cl_crosshairsize 5;cl_crosshairstyle 4;cl_crosshairthickness 0.5